9300 Broad Run Rd., Louisville, KY 40291
Reason for sale: The owner has built a new home and is moving to Scottsville, KY, to be closer to her children.
Location: This serene 5 acre property is located on Broad Run Rd. just 4 miles (6.5 minutes) from the intersection of I-265 and Billtown Road and only a couple of minutes from Broad Run and Turkey Run Parks. In fact, at the rear of the property is a running, rock-lined creek which adjoins Broad Run Park.
This property is what one could describe as a perpetual “staycation”. Others may see it as a place where a lifetime of fond memories can be made for kids, parents, grandparents and grandkids where they can spend time teaching, learning, and bonding. With the gorgeous setting and opportunities for fishing,
camp-outs, campfires, exploring, wading in the creek, and having just enough land to have your own horse or other livestock or extensive gardening. It was not uncommon during 2020 and the pandemic to realize that perhaps there are some benefits to being out in the country and becoming a little more self-sufficient. Additionally, if you happen to be a nature lover who appreciates the benefits of walking or jogging, you’ll be glad to know you’re right up the road from Broad Run Park and Turkey Run Park where you will find hiking and jogging trails to start or fulfill your exercise desire.
Other features of the property include: 1) a Modern, 2 story, 4 bedroom, 3 full bath home with a full unfinished but roughed-in basement, 2) 2 fireplaces including a floor to ceiling creek stone fireplace in the first floor family room and another fireplace in the basement; 3) Two-car garage with a floored second floor for additional storage; 4) 30’ x 40’ horse barn with a center drive way with 4 stalls on one side and a concrete pad, wash area, and small pen on the other side; 5) Pond with dock; 6) a campfire pit, 7) an abundance of tent sites; and 8) of course the creek behind the property with rock creek bed where you can become mesmerized with the sight and sound of water rippling over the rocks.
Sunday, July 25, 1 - 3 pm
Sunday, Aug. 1, 1 - 3 pm
Sunday, Aug. 8 , 1 - 3 pm
Bidding Ends: Monday, August 9, 2021 beginning at 7:00 pm
To view additional disclosure documents please click on the “Documents” tab. For terms and conditions of this auction please click on the “Terms” tab. 10% Buyer’s Premium - $25,000 down payment
Seller reserves the right to entertain and accept offers prior to the conclusion of the auction.
For questions and assistance please call Terry Garmon - American Land and Farm at (270) 392-1170 or Rick Wardlow - Wardlow Auctions at (502) 489-5515 or (502) 593-3888.
Lot size: 5.058 acres
Square footage of house: Total livable square footage is approximately 4,065 sq. ft of which 2,738 sq. ft. is finished on the first and second floor plus an additional 1,586 sq. ft. in the basement that is unfinished yet has roughed in walls and plumbing. (All measurements are considered approximate).
Exterior: Frame with vinyl siding. All vinyl siding was replaced in 2011.
PVA assessed value: $345,150
Year built: 1995 (per PVA)
Zoning: Residential (R4)
Rooms: A total of 7 rooms on the 1st and 2nd floor plus 3 baths and a laundry room
First floor: Consists of a full length open kitchen and dining room, foyer, family room vaulted ceiling and floor to ceiling creek stone wood burning fireplace, master bedroom and bath, guest bedroom (also well suited for an office), full guest bath, and a laundry room.
Second floor: Consists of 2 bedrooms, a full bath off the hallway which overlooks the family room. Each bedroom is alike and in addition to the closets, there is access to attic storage areas.
Basement: The basement is unfinished but has a creek stone, wood burning fireplace with an Appalachian Stove fireplace insert and has roughed in walls and roughed in plumbing. The fireplace insert could be moved to the first floor fireplace if desired.
Flooring: 1) Hardwood flooring in the foyer and part of the 1st floor family room. 2) Quality vinyl flooring in the remaining part of the family room, kitchen and dining room. 3) Wall to wall carpet in the bedrooms.
4) Tile flooring in the bathrooms.
1) A new Westinghouse HVAC system was installed in August 2010 and is a heat pump with energy efficient propane backup. It consists of a Westinghouse energy efficient 120,000 BTU, 95%, 2 stage gas furnace and a Westinghouse 4 ton AC unit. The 1000 gal. back-up propane tank is leased. Click on the appropriate link at the bottom of page to see more documentation about the HVAC units. Cost = $9,800.
2) The hot water system consists of a new Rinnai 94 high efficiency tankless hot water heater, installed May 2021. (Tankless hot water heaters claim to provide an endless supply of hot water and are longer lasting and more energy efficient than conventional hot water heaters). Cost = $3,200.
3) City water by Louisville Water Co.
4) Septic system with 2 septic tanks.
Age of Roof: 10 years old (replaced in 2011)
Appliances and Other Personal Property Remaining with the House:
All kitchen appliances are stainless steel and were installed in December 2018. They consist of a GE Energy Star 27.8 cu. Ft. French-door refrigerator, GE 30” free standing electric convection range, GE dishwasher with hidden controls, and GE microwave oven.
Garage: Though not attached directly attached to the house, there is a covered breezeway between the garage and the house. The two-car garage is 22.5’wide x and 26’ deep with automatic garage door and a stairway leading to a floored second floor to accommodate a work or storage area.
1) 30’ x 40’ metal barn with a 12.5’ covered overhang on one side and sliding doors on each end 2) Four 10’x 10’ horse stalls on one side
3) 10’ wide drive-thru center aisle
4) On the other side is a 10’ x 24’ concrete pad for equipment, a wash stall, and a chicken coop like stall 5) Electric and available water from spicket on the north side
6) Limited space above the stalls for hay or other storage
1) Concrete driveway with circle drive feature
2) Landscaping and attractive red brick walkway from driveway to the front door 3) Covered front porch
4) Full width wood deck on rear of house
5) Custom white 4-rail vinyl fence between the yard and the pasture with 5”x5” posts set in concrete 6) Presently wired for ADT security system (buyer will have to reactivate if desired) 7) There is an unused cistern area under the side porch which presently serves no purpose, but with some remodeling work, one could access the area and establish a safe room.
See more Real Estate Information Documents under the Documents Tab to the right.
The home is a beautiful brick 2-story 3 bedroom 2 bath with walkout basement on 4.5 acres. Also coming to auction will be Kubota BX2370 Sub-Compact tractor with 400 hours, 2004 Mercury Sable with ~67k miles, bedroom, living, and dining room furniture, antiques, tools, and more!
Location: 1501 Eagle Nest Way Louisville, KY 40222
Open House: Click to sign up to see the items in person on Sunday, August 1 from 2-4pm. We will have a limited number of spots available to help stagger customers, as parking is limited.
Bidding ends: Monday, August 2, 2021 beginning at 7pm with staggered and extended ending.
Pickups: Wednesday, August 4, 1-6pm and Thursday, August 5, 10am-2pm.
Shipping/Movers: If you plan to have your items shipped or use your own movers, contact email@example.com.